We work on society’s pressing issues through access to the outdoors and building the near trillion-dollar outdoor recreation economy
- It is a nearly trillion-dollar industry that bolsters the U.S. economy and creates resiliency and opportunity for local communities, including rural areas going through economic transitions.
- Outdoor recreation and the outdoor recreation economy are bipartisan issues that we can work together on, regardless of party.
- Outdoor recreation creates good jobs and builds local businesses.
- Outdoor recreation improves mental and physical health.
- Outdoor recreation prioritizes the conservation and sustainable management of healthy public lands and waters.
WHAT WE DO
- Ensure recognition of our sector’s contributions as the cornerstone of healthy, resilient and sustainable economies and communities
- Act on the most pressing issues facing the future of outdoor recreation for the benefit of our economy, communities, health and the environment
- Guarantee quality access and conservation for the sustainable future of the recreation industry
- Foster infrastructure innovation and modernization to support a 21st century economy
HOW WE DO IT
- Convene: Bringing industry, government and other stakeholders together to identify solutions and solve problems
- Curate: Gathering the best data and information, filling the research gaps
- Educate: Sharing information with stakeholders, elected and appointed officials, partners and allies, and media
- Advocate: 501(c)(6), the Outdoor Recreation Roundtable Association (ORRA)